[Freeswitch-users] 2 SIP Lines, Difficulty Originating Call

Tamas Cseke cstomi.levlist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 00:34:22 PDT 2007

Chris Danielson írta:
> If any one can help me, I am having two issues.  Basically, while my
> javascript is executing a single inbound SIP call the script
> conditionally gets to a point where the end-user can originate a call to
> an external phone number.  Keep in mind that I have two sip lines
> defined as gateways supplied by my carrier vonics.net.  Upon calling the
> originate method, the call is actually placed and the destination phone
> actually begins to ring.  At this point I still cannot hear the ringing
> on the original session that was originated by my inbound call.  Also,
> the originate method times out regardless of whether or not the
> destination "phone" number was answered or not.
>
> So my two issues are:
> 1)  Why does the originate method start a call, the destination phone
> called actually rings, but always times out, regardless of whether or
> not the phone was answered?
> 2)  When calling the originate method, I never hear the phone ringing on
> my inbound connection.

You should call ring_ready app, if you want to hear the ringing afaik.

                /* set ringback tone */
                session.setVariable("ringback", "%(2000, 4000, 440.0,
480.0)");
                session.execute("ring_ready", "");

I found these pages, maybe you can find more about it on wiki.
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Custom_Ring_Back_Tones
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_ring_ready

Hope this help!

Regards,