[Freeswitch-users] install requirements

Michael Chesterton chesty at chesterton.id.au
Fri Aug 24 04:15:09 PDT 2007

On 24/08/2007, at 3:22 AM, Josip Djuricic wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> it would be nice if someone would wrote all of the prerequisite
> package's for *nix install of freeswitch, I'll probbably write it
> myself
> when I figure out all of the prerequisites (but it will take some
> time,
> cause I have no time atm). It's not heavy to install freeswitch but it
> would definetely make things easier for new folks that will sure come.

I just did a pretty bared bones install of freeswitch on a bare bones
feisty.
These are the packages I installed.

apt-get install subversion subversion-tools
apt-get install autoconf automake libtool libmudflap0-dev libltdl3-dev \
  flex bison gdb build-essential wget unixodbc-dev libnspr4

(some of those were recommends I added, like flex and bison. I'm not
sure if they are absolutely necessary)

I did very little config changes from included configs, registered a
few phones and made a few test calls. So I'm not sure if other packages
are needed for different functionality, but it looks like it
downloads tarballs
of most of the packages it needs in libs/.

I recorded the commands I typed over at
http://chesterton.id.au/blog/2007/08/22/freeswitch-on-ubuntu-feisty/

--
http://chesterton.id.au/blog