[Freeswitch-users] Javascript input

Mike Murdock mmurdock at coppercom.com
Fri Aug 10 06:13:43 PDT 2007

You do currently have the option to either continue playing the prompt or abort the prompt. In order to collect the digits during the playing of a prompt you must code a dtmf_callback handler. When a user presses a digit your call back handler gets called. You can decide it the digit is a valid one and if it is valid return "false" (or the digit) causing the prompt to stop. If the digit is not valid you can ignore it by returning "true" and the prompting will continue. While this does require the application developer to code a digit handler it gives you a much richer option for the handling of the results.

You are free to develop your own wrapper function to force the particular behaviour you want. I have written a getdigits function in javascript that you are welcome to use to get the behaviour you are looking for.

Michael B. Murdock