[Freeswitch-users] STUN server implementations

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Tue Sep 26 12:05:14 PDT 2006

STUN
> server at jabber.org. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time finding a
> reliable, well-maintained, open-source STUN server implementation. So
> I'm wondering:
>
> 1. Can anyone on this list recommend a STUN server implementation?

We looked and couldn't find a good license compatible one.  I think the
vovida one was the best we found.

> 2. Will FreeSWITCH eventually include a STUN server implementation?

We have some stun code (see switch_stun.c), but it is not a complete
stun server implementation, but most of the parsing is done.  It is
probably not a big step to turn that into a full stun server.  How much
functionality are you looking for?  It already can be used as stun
client code.

Mike