[Freeswitch-users] 16 K Speex wideband client

Anthony Minessale anthmct at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 06:42:38 PDT 2006

In our testing we used the speex codec and mod_exosip talking to eyebeam sip client

in exosip.conf section of the freeswitch.xml change the codec_prefs to look like this:

<param name="codec-prefs" value="SPEEX at 16000k"/>

This indicates you want speex at 16khz

then look for conference.conf and edit the "default" profile to operate at 16khz

<param name="rate" value="16000"/>

Then configure eyebeam or whatever sip client to use wideband speex codec and you should be set.

If you have mod_cepstral you can load in that and use it at 16k too to announce when you join etc .

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm