[Freeswitch-users] Capi & Euro/US ISDN support (was: Re: TODO List)

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Thu Aug 31 00:12:18 PDT 2006

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, Patrick wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 20:46 -0500, Brian West wrote:
> > I would love to see mod_capi also.
>
> Great. I have sent Armin an email already (before I saw Daniel's reply)
> to see if he is interested in creating a mod_capi. If he needs more info
> I'll direct him to the conf so he can chat with you guys and get a
> better idea about the project.

I am interested and I already planned to do capi for freeswitch.
But I cannot tell when I have the time... I hope the next 3 months will give
me some spare time.
Contacts to some guys who might help to start with the freeswitch interface
and internals would be great.

> >   We are very hardware agnostic and
> > won't twist your arms to lock you into some hardware.  We like to
> > have options and the more the better in my opinion.  Because not all
> > hardware fits every situation.  But if you're going to do mod_capi I
> > would love to see US ISDN-BRI support also.
>
> The current chan_capi is US/Euro ISDN agnostic. You just have to specify
> how many controllers/channels you have in the conf. Same applies to the
> drivers that need to be configured with the appropriate ISDN standard.
> Euroisdn versus US 5ESS for example. Eicon cards & drivers support both
> Euro and US ISDN.

Yes, since capi is a common API, it works with BRI and PRI and with every
ISDN protocol, including QSIG (with extensions).
mISDN also has a CAPI interface, so this can be used then as well. And we
also have remote-capi already...

I'm very interested in running freeswitch in an embedded system and I need
it to be cross-compiled as well. Is that already working?
Also, can someone tell if freeswitch (and the needed libs) are POSIX API
comaptible?

Armin