[Freeswitch-users] IAX2 'redirects'

Bruno Impens bruno at internetfabriek.be
Fri Aug 11 10:15:27 PDT 2006

Because of the nature of iax and the authentication it has inside, it
would be rather complex to just reroute a call to a different
destination.
You would have to authenticate with every destination unless it is
set to accept all calls.
If you are using trunking, it would also mean a part of the payload
would go to some destination and another to a different destination
this cannot be done without decomposing the ip packet payload  first.

Op 11-aug-06, om 18:52 heeft JP Hindin het volgende geschreven:

> Mark Spencer has it in the pipe for the Asterisk dev trunk, I
> wasn't sure
> if it had already made it into libiax or not.
>
> Well then I suppose the next question is, can we get away with
> FreeSwitch
> bridging a call without any transcoding?
> If I send a call to FreeSwitch in G729, can I have it forward on to a
> remote service in G729 w/o FreeSwitch trying to do any transcoding
> work on
> it?
>
> This would make the CPU requirements low enough FreeSwitch might
> still be
> useful, having heard something about 1200 simultaneous calls on a
> beefy
> dual Xeon box.
>

> On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, Brian West wrote:
>
>> libiax doesn't support that as far as I know.
>>
>> /b
>>
>> On Aug 11, 2006, at 12:33 PM, JP Hindin wrote:
>>

>>> Greetings;
>>>
>>> I was wondering if FreeSwitch (or, rather, libiax I suppose) had the
>>> ability to do a redirect in such a way that FreeSwitch would drop
>>> out of
>>> the media stream.
>>>
>>> In other words, on a bridge, will FreeSwitch let the source send
>>> the media
>>> stream direct to the destination service, without having to proxy
>>> the
>>> packets - much in the same way a SIP 302 Redirect works.
>>>
>>> Thanks;
>>> JP

>>> users
>>> http://www.freeswitch.org