[freeswitch-sec] FreeSWITCH selinux policy sponsorship

Travis Cross tc at travislists.com
Thu Sep 19 23:58:13 MSD 2013

On 2013-09-19 18:38, Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
> I certainly understand the desire for integration with distro
> specific file locations but the vast, vast majority of FreeSWITCH
> installs are done using the standard layout installed to either
> /opt/freeswitch or /usr/local/freeswitch.

I don't really have strong feelings here, but I'll note that an
increasing number of people are installing FS by way of our Debian
packages -- we're starting to promote this method -- and those
packages install FS per the FHS, e.g. /usr/bin/freeswitch,
/var/lib/freeswitch/db, /usr/share/freeswitch/sounds, etc.

Ken's RPMs for Redhat/CentOS, as I understand, install FS similarly.

For the purposes here, targeting the packaged installs means that,
unlike an installation from source, you can be 100% sure where things
are going to be located, and because we're following FHS, these
locations are exceedingly unlikely to change.

Join us at ClueCon 2013 Aug 6-8, 2013