[freeswitch-sec] Fraud

Raymond Chandler intralanman at freeswitch.org
Thu Aug 15 23:49:39 MSD 2013

On 08/15/2013 11:46 AM, Brian West wrote:
> Ira,
> 	Yes, this would be a perfect place to do that, I have been thinking if we could setup some sort of honey pot network and centralized reporting we could help protect voip installs all over the place.
>
> I'm one person, we would need some volunteers to step up and help build this out.

Ken and I talked about building something into e164.org to allow you to
do dnsbl-like queries there and get info on a specific IP or TN. Any
interest in seeing that come to fruition?

There are obvious issues with being able to verify that a TN really
belongs to the person calling you (not being spoofed), but maybe the
STIR workgroup stuff will help in that regard (in a year or two?).

-Ray

Join us at ClueCon 2013 Aug 6-8, 2013