[Freeswitch-docs] macOS urgent note for 24x7 folks on Sierra +

Mario G mario_fs at mgtech.com
Mon Aug 14 16:37:08 UTC 2017

I even made a lauchagent plist that test for freeswitch and raised it’s nice level to the max, it made no difference which is why I think this is a bug or a dumb design change. I also think that since I could not duplicate it with another app it may be related to freeswitch spawning other processes/threads, apparently process_type affects all of the processes but setting nice for freeswitch does not. Either way, I am very happy to be beyond this since starting on it May 15th and working day/night on it, I had to open a developer ticket and write to Apple to get senior tech involvement but I was the one that came up with the solution, they kept blaming freeswitch. Now if I can can get phones to use DNS and IPV6 ok I would be done with long standing freeswitch issues.

That’s what I said:
> If you have FreeSWITCH running 24x7 on Sierra (and eventually High Sierra), you must update the plist in LaunchAgents to the updated one in the wiki:
> https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/macOS+24x7+Preparation#macOS24x7Preparation-CreatetheFreeSWITCH™plist <https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/macOS+24x7+Preparation#macOS24x7Preparation-CreatetheFreeSWITCH%E2%84%A2plist>

Mario G