[Freeswitch-docs] bad link on page

Larry Morley lmorley at neny.cslimits.net
Tue Mar 8 00:26:11 MSK 2016

As how people learn is a subject that's of great interest and importance to
me, personally and professionally, I'd like to offer my $0.02.

In general, I'm in wholehearted agreement with Ken:

> Also Why videos? People learn
> different ways... some learn by reading,
> others by watching videos, others can
> look at source code and figure it out.

I've had students benefit greatly from being able to study a working model
that implements a relatively complex topic like multi tenancy when they
have access to a VM that they can study, change, add to, etc.; I've seen
more than a few individuals become willing to experiment with something
when they know they can return to a working state at any point they feel
they need to.

We've used GIT and friends to start off with a very basic system, and build
up said system in stages, where they contribute some work and commit their
changes and test both their work AMD the state as a whole, prior to
committing said work. They then check out a skeletal version of the next
step and repeat the process.

The only issue I've had with multiple methods of presenting the same
information is when the various methods don't agree with each other /
present the same material / etc.

- Larry