[Freeswitch-docs] Installation from source instructions

jungle Boogie jungleboogie0 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 10:04:12 MSK 2016

On 21 February 2016 at 19:06, Ken Rice <krice at freeswitch.org> wrote:
> The problem here is the shear number of things to be installed on non-debian platforms is still tbd in most cases forfull support.

Yep, that's all true. Not everyone will need/want video calling on
their freeswitch, though. If the instructions to build from source are
outdated/hard to find, it will only difficult for other distros and
*BSDs to try getting video working.

> Why no feature parity? Unfortunately there are libs available on debian that the other distros leave out that due to current licensing issues we can not distribute. This is completely a legal exposure issue for the project not a technical one.

The libraries are open source, right? Can links to the source be
provided so others can try compiling on their OS? Is the source in
FreeSWITCH's repo at https://freeswitch.org/stash/projects/SD for any
OS or just for debian?

I think it would be useful to have a document that explains what
dependency is for what so that users would know what libraries are
needed to compile certain features.

thanks!