[Freeswitch-docs] Jitterbuffer

Dragos Oancea doancea at orange-vallee.net
Fri Nov 20 13:28:43 MSK 2015

Hi

I have updated this page with info about the new mod_opus options,
including use-jb-lookahead :
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/mod_opus

Bote, the new JB in FS master applies for all audio codecs, only that
FEC works only for codecs
that support FEC. I know only about Opus, SILK and AMR ,but there might
be others that have FEC.   I have only tested Opus successfully with the
new JB, the other audio codec modules might need some code changes, but
I am not sure.

As Anthony said, "p" comes from "number of packets".  That's because the
call might be established at a different ptime than 20 ms , and the JB
size should be adjusted.

Regards,
Dragos