[Freeswitch-docs] mod_dptools strmicroepoch

Bote Man bote_radio at botecomm.com
Tue Jun 16 10:21:45 MSD 2015

I am embarrassed to say that I started that transition from the complex page
names to the simple, descriptive names. What you see is that incomplete
effort.

The general rule is that we should keep page titles short and simple.

While special characters are permitted, they force Confluence to create page
titles using the long numeric ID rather than the more recognizable plain
text page titles. It seems like a small, nitpicky point, but simply seeing
the actual page title in a link on the mailing list or on irc can give the
user confidence of what he is clicking and is self-explanatory. That is one
reason why I was simplifying those page titles.

Of course, once I got into it I discovered that the page content in many
cases needed some (or a LOT of) editing. You can't win :-(

We do not need to adhere to the wiki way of doing things. If there is a
better way in Confluence, by all means let's use it.

Bote