[Freeswitch-docs] Developer Docs

Humberto Diógenes hdiogenes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 22:39:07 MSK 2015

I noticed that the documentation for new developers was outdated and
scattered throughout different places, so here's a little update on what
I've being doing to merge those pages.

The "Submitting Patches" page was completely outdated [1], so I ported the
more complete and up-to-date content from the source file
docs/SubmittingPatches [2] to Confluence and merged it into the more recent
"Pull Requests" page [3].

As the Pull Requests page was already long enough, I moved some of the new
content to new pages:
* Commit Message Guidelines -
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Commit+Message+Guidelines
* New Modules -
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/New+Modules

I also noticed there were two different sections with look-alike content:
"Developers" and "Community > Contributing Code". I moved everything from
the former (including sub-pages) to the latter.

Next actions:
* Remove
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Submitting+Patches (I
don't seem to have permission to do that)
* Remove https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Installing+Git
- either Brian or Areski tagged it for deletion
* Remove [2] entirely (to avoid duplicate content), or just point it to [3].

[1] https://freeswitch.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=6587641
[2]
https://freeswitch.org/stash/projects/FS/repos/freeswitch/browse/docs/SubmittingPatches
[3] https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Pull+Requests