[Freeswitch-docs] automating/assisting migration from mediawiki to confluence

Bote Man bote_radio at botecomm.com
Tue Feb 10 08:16:42 MSK 2015

Agreed!

I could copy pages over manually at a rapid rate, except that I notice
inaccuracies, links that require fixup, and other edits required so that one
page consumes a good bit of my time editing. Meanwhile, the dozens of other
pages that I had hoped to move over await  attention on the old wiki.

BUT the good part is that the page on Confluence is much closer to being
acceptable after I get done with it.

I am halfway through editing a couple huge pages on Confluence, but I am
climbing out of computer hell here so I have been unable to much of anything
recently; I hope to have that solved in a few weeks. There are so many
details on each page that it truly requires manual attention as each page is
copied over, it’s not just a pure copy and paste operation.

Ideally we should be enlisting the help of people who have a favorite or
specialty subject in FreeSWITCH and ask them to transfer the pages related
to that topic. They are best suited to knowing what is right after all.

Not every wiki page needs to be copied over either, a good number are being
left for various reasons.

We welcome any ideas or hard labor, too!

Bote