[Freeswitch-dev] Verto communicator client not working on Edge when we use our freeswitch server

Alejandro Castera Alejandro.Castera at on24.com
Wed Jan 2 14:08:13 UTC 2019

Hello all,

The candidates Edge provides are the following:

candidate:1 1 UDP 2130706431 192.168.0.7 63832 typ host
candidate:2 1 TCP 1684798975 192.168.0.7 63832 typ srflx raddr 192.168.0.7 rport 63832 tcptype active

So for for every local IP, Edge generates 2 candidates: 1 host candidate, and 1 srflx candidate.
The srvflx candidate is built wrong on purpose (transport address == related address).
I guess they do that so that when the ICE connection checks take place, the server side can "learn" a new prflx candidate (see RFC5245, section 7.2.1.3)

I have tested the same scenario using a server which makes use of the libnice library for the ICE implementation, and it works!!!
No TURN server is being used, no STUN server is being used, the candidates Edge sends are the 2 above (which do not contain a public IP) and still the server generates a prflx candidate and the connection is established perfectly.

But when using our Freeswitch server (which does not make use of the libnice library for ICE) the connection does not work.
Then again, the funny thing is that if we use the cantina.freeswitch.org Freeswitch server, then it DOES work!
So there must be something in the code/configuration that could be done so that the Freeswitch server can "learn" a prflx candidate from those Edge is sending out.

Could anyone help us?
Alex