[Freeswitch-dev] possible bug in CSeq generation logic

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 15:04:51 UTC 2018

It seems like getting a negative value is only possible if it rolled over
but its designed to reset well before the 32 bit signed mark.  Is this
somehow triggered by time changes on the box?
There is more nuance than just forcing the bit because many phones have
crazy ideas about cseq having to be incremental.  I think it would be
better to roll the offset back down to 0 if some error is detected so it
will only impact phones once.  Many phones break until you reset the whole
registration if they are unhappy with the cseq.  The reason for all the
complexity in the first place is that the cseq must be continual with time
even when FS is off, because you can reboot FS and keep the existing phone
registration in tact including subscriptions to presence.  But if the CSEQ
starts over many phones freak out and stop working.

Founder, FreeSWITCH.
http://freeswitch.com

https://youtu.be/l_hOxzCt6X4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAxXgyx5jUw