[Freeswitch-dev] Using extern variable - undefined reference while loading module

Vidhya S R vidhyasr23 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 09:34:13 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm using an extern variable (switch_hash_t *) declared in a header file
under src/include. This variable is defined in another .c file under src.

Now, I'm including this header file in my module under src/mod/my_mod and
trying to initialise the hash. It compiles fine but when freeswitch is run,
the module is not loaded and throws the error undefined reference.

Im not sure why. Sorry if this is a basic question.