[Freeswitch-dev] Delay Bye Message

David Knell david.knell at telng.com
Tue Oct 10 15:27:25 UTC 2017

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 9:25 AM, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com>
wrote:

> What good does it do if the callee has already hung up the call on their
> side?

Billing (and the call) will generally end when the paying party clears, so,
yes, delaying the
BYE from the originating side is likely to be an effective way of meeting a
minimum call
duration requirement.

--Dave

> On October 7, 2017 12:43:21 AM EDT, Alexander Perkins <
> alexanderhenryperkins at gmail.com> wrote:
> >Hi.  I have what appears to be an unusual request.
> >
> >One of my clients has a clause in his contract with the local telco/sip
> >provider that requires the majority of calls to be at or greater than
> >12
> >seconds.  On a former platform, he has an option called 'Delayed Bye
> >Message.'  This option, if checked, allows him to specify how many
> >seconds
> >to delay hanging up the call once leg B initiates the request.  So, all
> >calls will last at least 12 seconds.  Does anyone know how to do that
> >with
> >Freeswitch?  Any help is greatly appreciated.
> >
> >Thank you,
> >Alex Perkins
>

> -- Alex
>
> --
> Sent via mobile, please forgive typos and brevity.

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

David Knell, Director, TelNG
T: +44 1223 797979 / +1 970-315-4721
W: http://www.telng.com