[Freeswitch-dev] Fwd: FreeSWITCH Video Conferencing Blackout issue

Richard Hsu richardprobe at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 21:19:56 UTC 2017

Hi all,

[Issue]
I am experimenting with the FreeSWITCH version 1.6.2 video calling
capability. In particular, we are seeing an issue where sometimes the video
element in HTML will start streaming videos just fine, but most of the
time, one side of the video call, or both, will have a screen being pitch
black. The audio is totally fine though.

[Self-diagnosis]
Looking into chrome://webrtc-internal, it indicates that there is no frame
being sent, and looking into the FreeSWITCH log, it appears this line: "[ERR]
switch_rtp.c:8098 Error: video SRTP protection failed with code 10".
is always present. I looked into the source code, which corresponds to the
switch_rtp.c file, it seems like the "srtp_protect()" function, which
transforms/encrypts an RTP packet into SRTP packet, returns an error code.
I tried by patching it with the changes here: https://freeswitch.org/jira/br
owse/FS-10667, since it seemed like a similar issue, but it didn't work
either. I understand there are several ways to go about this: 1) stick a
debugger or 2) try out the latest version.

[Question]
Without other major changes, what else would you recommend me to look at?
More importantly, has anyone seen this strange behavior of FreeSWITCH
before?

I appreciate your effort with FreeSWITCH so far and would love to hear your
thoughts!

Thanks,
Richard

--