[Freeswitch-dev] Sofia SIP: Addresses c= and o= changed when sending INVITE with 0.0.0.0

Huang, Kun-Yao kxhuan at dolby.com
Thu Oct 20 04:08:07 MSD 2016

Hello all,

I've seen this asked a long time ago here but I could not find an answer, so trying again.  I realise this is the old way of putting a call on hold, but why does sofiasip automatically change my origin and media IPs?

When the address is "0.0.0.0", sofia sip changes it silently, after calling "soa_check_sdp_connection" from "offer_answer_step", while processing the o= and c= fields before sending the INVITE.

I am just wondering why does "soa_check_sdp_connection" check for "0.0.0.0" as invalid, when some systems out there still use this address to signal that the call is on hold:

int
soa_check_sdp_connection(sdp_connection_t const *c)
{
  return c != NULL &&
    c->c_nettype &&c->c_address &&
    strcmp(c->c_address, "") &&