[Freeswitch-dev] FreeSWITCH SIP Adaptive codec switching

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 18:49:51 MSD 2016

You might be able to script it now.

There are a number of rtp_audio/video_in/out_ variables. Normally these are
only in the CDR at the end of the call but you can set them at any time
using uuid_set_media_stats. Once they're set you can read them out
(uuid_getvar or uuid_dump) and if you need to change codec
call uuid_media_reneg.

Wouldn't be event based or automatic, you'd need a script that periodically
polls the current quality of the call.