[Freeswitch-dev] FreeSWITCH SIP Adaptive codec switching

Philippe Duke philippe46 at netassist.ua
Sun Oct 9 17:11:14 MSD 2016

Hello, dear FreeSWITCH developers.

Would like to ask you what we need to implement adaptive codec switching
using SIP re-invites in the application.

Adaptive codec switching is the codec parameters renegotiation (SIP
re-invite) using network measurements of jitter and bandwidth between
two legs. Would like to ask if we have a some docu defines this method.

We have a lack of clients support it, but we may rely on open project to
make it work. I suggest to use some kind of protocol extension to achive
such behavior.

--
Philippe Duke
Network software engineer