[Freeswitch-dev] Freeswitch ignoring BYE sent by LegA when ignore_early_media=True

Sushil Tripathi sushil.tripathi at knowlarity.com
Tue Oct 13 16:32:38 MSD 2015

    I need to play a hold music file on LegA while Freeswitch tries to
bridge call to one of the listed numbers. Here in dial plan I have used
only one number.

If I use following dialplan without ignore_early_media=true in bridge, Leg
A is able to disconnect the call when Freeswitch is trying to bridge the
call to one of the number in legB, but if ignore_early_media is true in
that case BYE sent by Leg A is ignored by freeswitch causing call to keep
ringing at LegB.

    <extension name="SIP-TO-SIP">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^91(\d+)$">
        <action application="answer"/>
        <action application="set" data="hold_music=/srv/sounds/123.mp3"/>
        <action application="bridge"
data="{caller_id=+2000,ignore_early_media=true,RECORD_STEREO=true,originate_timeout=150,hangup_after_bridge=true,legA_UUID=${uuid}}sofia/gateway/anveo/${destination_number}"/>
        <action application="hangup"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>

While debugging for the root cause of this issue we found that this bug is
because of side-effect of commit-id
"3e00d270d7477a63b3c2e845b5473e6e7e3f1cfc"  which was added to fix bug
https://freeswitch.org/jira/browse/FS-6006 . Now we are not sure whether to
remove this patch or not. Can you please suggest how to proceed further.
Thanks & Regards,
Sushil Tripathi
+91-9910700668

--
SuperReceptionist is now available on Android mobiles. Track your business
on the go with call analytics, recordings, insights and more: Download the