[Freeswitch-dev] [Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH Unstable Repo

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Mon Oct 12 21:33:11 MSD 2015

Both would be fine, the tarballs are re-generated from the git source, so git is probably the easiest if the packaging system supports using git as the source.  This is the general rule, in some cases you may have to do a bit more work.  Some of these libraries we are the defacto upstream for, others we are just needing to rebuild against different versions of other libraries upstream, for example, we want to use libpng1.6 so we have transparent png support, which is required for some video features, and we require newer libvpx, these newer libs require us to relink libav with these newer libraries.  If your distro already has suitable versions of these, this may not be necessary.