[Freeswitch-dev] Video build deps for CentOS 6

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Thu Jun 25 19:52:36 MSD 2015

We generate these tarballs already from bamboo jobs, and post them at http://files.freeswitch.org/downloads/libs.  So this already exists.

> * the SD repo should have a dir for each dep,
>  which contains only spec file and additional files like patches against vanilla and additional
>  files if any
>
> Then an external builder (bamboo) should checkout SD, downloads sources from the "cache"
> server and builds the packages. Mock will be used for redhat like.

We are using mock already.  we use commit triggers on the individual repos to trigger the jobs.  We don't plan on changing it like you describe.

> So, let me know If I can help, I've almost finished everything.
> I can provide specs, and all needed stuff to build.

We need these changes as pull requests to the repos that exist already on SD.

> For CentOS 6 there're a lot of packages to add, and some needs to be updated, but nothing
> that "hurts" the core packages.
>
> I never used bamboo (using koji rightnow for this stuff), but I think it will be easy to install.

We don't need you to do the actual bamboo jobs, we can take care of that for the ones that are missing.  First step wold be to get pull requests in to modify the spec and any other code changes that are necessary, then coordinate with Ken Rice on the mock command.  Our current command in bamoboo looks something like this:

ls -al

mkdir -p {RPMS,el6-x86_64,el6-i386,el7-x86_64}

#mock -v -r /etc/mock/epel-6-x86_64.cfg --resultdir=./el6-x86_64 rebuild SRPMS/freeswitch-1.*.el7.centos.src.rpm || exit 1

#mock -v -r /etc/mock/epel-6-i386.cfg --resultdir=./el6-i386 rebuild SRPMS/freeswitch-1.*-1.el7.centos.src.rpm || exit 1

mock -v -r /etc/mock/freeswitch-epel-7-x86_64.cfg --resultdir=./el7-x86_64 rebuild SRPMS/freeswitch-1.7.0.${bamboo.buildNumber}-1.el7.centos.src.rpm || exit 1

You can let us know via the pull requests when its good to enable additional mock commands and if there is any tweaking to the mock commands.

> What do you think?
>
> Regards,
> Matteo
>
> PS @Ken : already submitted several pull requests for other tickets, so I know the
> standard FS flow for adding patches. Just wanting to discuss which is the better way
> to share the work I've done for my internal use. Obviously if someone is interested in :)

We don't plan on changing the approach we are doing to packaging, but i understand your points, its just not practical for us to do it that way and not have to redo a ton of work for each distro when the packages require patches to work properly.  We are working to get our patches upstreamed to the package maintainers where appropriate. On many of these packages (all of the codec libs for example) we are actually the upstream maintainer.