[Freeswitch-dev] Server having Freeswitch and two Sangoma cards and can't handle full capacity

Sambit Jaysingh sambit.jaysingh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 08:23:42 MSD 2014

Hi David,
I am making outbound calls over ISDN using E1 and Sangoma voice media card.
When all the channels are being used I am getting event socket time out
error from freeswitch.
Can you please tell me which version of freeswitch you are using?
I have installed *freeswitch 1.3b* in the system. But using esl of 1.2 for
making connection to freeswitch.
And using JAVA code for all the call flow and socket event handling.

Thanks.

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 10:12 PM, David Knell <david.knell at telng.com> wrote:

>  Hi Sambit -
>
> Can't help directly, but we have applications which also make an inbound
> connection to FS,
> run up to 100 calls/sec outbound over 2K+channels without any problems.
> The outbound
> calls are going over SIP (so no TDM cards), and the code's in C# with our
> own library to deal
> with the event socket stuff.
>
> So I guess that core FreeSWITCH isn't your problem..!
>
> Cheers --
>
> Dave
>

> On 30/07/2014 05:58, Sambit Jaysingh wrote:
>
> We are having two (Sangoma) Voice Cards, one with 8-ports and other with
> 16-ports.
>
> I have integrated ESL library with java in INBOUND MODE and making
> outbound calls.
>
> The issue what we are facing are
> 1. When I use all 720 channels or more than 450 channels, we see the
> events processed by ESL is very slow and we are not getting the events
> properly from ESL after placing the calls, even after so many minutes, so
> we have to forcefully close the connection.
>
> 2. And I see error mod_event_socket.c:375 Lost 502 events!
> And the java app also crashes with error ESL connection timeout.
>
> 3. And I see segmentation_fault in Freeswitch and big dump file is written
> and which would crash the system, because of high CPU\IO.
> But if we reduce the channels say, 450 we don't see any issue at all.
>
> What could be the reason for this issue.
>
> Appreciate any Help...
>
> --
>
> Regards
> Sambit