[Freeswitch-dev] Implementing preferred channel selection in freetdm using sangoma isdn ?

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 07:32:37 MSD 2014

Hi Matteo,

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 3:26 AM, Matteo <mbrancaleoni at voismart.it> wrote:
> If the remote switch changes the channel, we need to "move" the current
> freetdm channel to the one specified in the provisional response or setup ack.
>
> According to q.931 is wrong to allocate a b channel before having
> confirmed the right one to use, but right now freetdm allocates it immediately.
> (maybe is worth changing that?)

You definitely want to read doc/ftdm-open-issues.txt in the freetdm/
directory for more information.

This has been a known long-standing issue, and at some point I even
started work in a branch, but did not follow up (not sure if the
branch was ever pushed) and my employer lost interest in completing
the work as none of our customers were requiring it and we moved on to
work on more pressing needs.

There might be a way to hack it in without heavy changes, but the
right way to do it is significantly disruptive. It might be worth
doing it, though, I have not heard much complaints from users, perhaps
there is not that many people using FreeSWITCH for PRI.

-

Moy