[Freeswitch-dev] Eavesdrop with WebRTC clients - part 2

Yan Brenman ybrenman at xopnetworks.com
Fri Mar 28 07:54:47 MSK 2014

Dear FreeSWITCH gurus,

with the sigh of relief I am happy to acknowledge that I got the
"eavesdrop" working with WebRTC clients - both video and audio.
The solution is definitely not permanent, but provides good enough
workaround to move forward with my project. Also, quality of
audio is a bit questionable, but this is something I can deal with later.

Here is an immediate problem I ran into and would like to ask your help
with. For some reason eavesdropping on the call only starts
working after 2 - 2.5 minutes after the outbound call leg (the one which
is eavesdropping) has been established. Another words,
only after anywhere between 2 and 2.5 minutes I start seeing video and
hear audio from the channel I am eavesdropping on.

Any piece of advice is greatly appreciated. If not the definite answer -
at very least please tell me what to suspect and where to look.
Although I am pretty sure you already know the answer.

Greatly appreciate your help
Yan