[Freeswitch-dev] WebRTC and Freeswitch 1.5 using IPv6

Tom Parrott tomp at tomp.co.uk
Sun Jul 27 17:09:51 MSD 2014

Hi,

I am experimenting with WebRTC and am failing quite dismally - mainly
due to lack of documentation.

I realise this is an emerging technology and the standards are moving,
but presumably it does work in some scenarios and it would be great if a
working setup could be documented.

Anyway, I think I might have found a bug, but have no way to tell
because I've never been able to get WebRTC working with Freeswitch.

Here's my setup so far:

  * FreeSWITCH Version 1.5.14b+git~20140725T212415Z~c411f8c7a9~32bit
    (git c411f8c 2014-07-25 21:24:15Z 32bit)
  * IPv6 addresses - due to shortage of global IPv4 address, I am forced
    to use IPv6
  * SIPJS - http://sipjs.com/
  * Firefox 31/Fedora 20
  * Apache 2.4.9/Mod_SSL
  * Startcom SSL cert (which I have configured with Apache fine)

What I am able to do:

If I setup the internal IPv4 profile with ws-binding, I can use SIPJS to
register and can successfully see a user registered in Freeswitch from
the browser.

I can then use SIPJS to make a call, and my desk phone rings, however I
get no media (UDP packets are being sent but presumably neither side can
decode it).

I also see these errors in the fs_cli debug output though:
*
**2014-07-27 13:04:12.108836 [ERR] switch_core_cert.c:210 FP FILE ERR!**
**2014-07-27 13:04:12.108836 [ERR] switch_core_cert.c:210 FP FILE ERR!**
**2014-07-27 13:04:12.148104 [ERR] switch_rtp.c:2975 audio DTLS cert err
[5]*

But I can find no proper documentation on what is required for DTLS or
where to put the cert files.

Next up I tried IPv6 in the internal-ipv6 profile:

     <param name="tls-cert-dir" value="/etc/freeswitch/certs"/>
     <param name="wss-binding" value=":7443"/>

I concatenated the cert, key and chain certs together into
/etc/freeswitch/certs/wss.pem and can successfully connect using WSS and
SIPJS.

The problem however is that although I can see a register, Freeswitch
then kills the registration connection a couple of seconds later.

It is also showing the registration as using WSS-NAT, how can that be
possible on IPv6?

How can I turn off NAT detection on the IPv6 profile?

Any guidance would be very much appreciated and I will post my setup to
my blog and the Freeswitch wiki if I can get it working, to help people
in the future.

Thanks
Tom