[Freeswitch-dev] accessing key presses with outbound event socket

Jamie McClelland jm at mayfirst.org
Mon Sep 2 01:03:52 MSD 2013

Hi all,

I'm still curious if it's possible to query a user in an outbound event
soekct, but in the meantime I came up with a work around.

I've configured the event socket application to listen on ports 50,001 -
50,999.

Then, I prompt for the conference number (between 1 and 999) in the
freeswitch configuration (which is trivial) *before* sending the user to
the event socket application. I add 50,000 to the number and then use
that port number when connecting to the event socket application.

The event socket app simply checks what the incoming port is being used,
subtracts 50,000 and set the conference number accordingly.

jamie