[Freeswitch-dev] New "mod_dahdi_timer" - does the community want this?

Bob Hartwig bobjects at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 19:54:44 MSD 2013

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 11:41 AM, Anthony Minessale <
anthony.minessale at gmail.com> wrote:

> It already is an option on the conference configs: timer-name.

in the latest 1.2.x version, and also an older master version that we're
using for production at a couple of sites, the timer name in
mod_conference.c was hard-coded to "soft".  If it's now a configurable
parameter in mod_conference.c, then that's great, the admin will just need
to set that "timer-name" config to "dahdi", and they'll be good to go.

> For scale-ability I also recommend looking at mod_timerfd and doing it in
> a similar fashion to use one single dadhi channel to service N threads.

Yes, that's how I did it.  I learned a lot by studying mod_timerfd and also
switch_time.c - there's just one ~1mS loop in my code.

    Bob