[Freeswitch-dev] Waiting for Jiras to be applied

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at Vex.Net
Tue May 14 20:14:22 MSD 2013

Was: Same headers in a SIP message

On Tue, 14 May 2013 07:40:28 -0500
Brian West <brian at freeswitch.org> wrote:
> Opening a Jira doesn't automagically get what you want done, you
> should probably put a bounty on it or take this chance to learn how
> to modify the source and contribute patches.

Doesn't always help.  http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-4811

I added that in December and it still languishes.  I am not even sure
if the patches I supplied will apply cleanly any more.  I was hoping to
have a NetBSD package built and in the NetBSD package system by now.  I
need these changes though.  NetBSD developers are stickier than most
about correctness and portability.  We have many platforms that it
needs to compile on.

In fact, I have dropped the xmlrpc code altogether due to the total
brokenness of that code.  That brings up another question that I have
been asking.  Is there any way to get diffs between the original
package imported into FS and the current version?  I have actually
toyed with the idea of creating my own xmlrpc library and maybe I can
include changes that FS needs so that you can go back to depending on a
third party for xmlrpc.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net