[Freeswitch-dev] Multiple ptime in SDP

Wolfgang Pichler wpichler at yosd.at
Tue Jun 11 18:29:20 MSD 2013

Hi all,

i did have a problem while doing a interconnection to a customer, with
multiple ptime in sdp. His equipment did not accepted the sdp freeswitch
offered

*m=audio 52628 RTP/AVP 0 8 3 9 18 101 13*

*a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000*

*a=fmtp:101 0-16*

*a=ptime:20*

*m=audio 52628 RTP/AVP 4 101 13*

*a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000*

*a=fmtp:101 0-16*

*a=ptime:30*

*
*

*to avoid this - i have added sdp_m_per_ptime=false before bridge. *

*
*

*I have done some readings about this - and it is not clear to me if
freeswitch accts according to this draft
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-garcia-mmusic-multiple-ptimes-problem-01*

*It seems to be a mix between method 2 and method 6 - but i am not sure.*

*
*

*Can anyone clearify which method freeswitch is using here ?*

*
*

*br,*

*Wolfgang Pichler*