[Freeswitch-dev] limit memory usage of freeswitch

rentmycoder rentmycoder rentmycoder at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 00:32:49 MSK 2013

The question is how many concurrent calls are you actually doing?

I'm using a test system, inteconnect two FS boxes via sip, and start 50
concurent calls...
Average call duration is 45 sec, a random number between 30-60sec...
The dialplan does not do nothing special, just a streamfile action...

After a night FS 1.2.5.3 eats up all the 900Mb ram of the system...
The same test using Asterisk 1.8 eats up 50Mb...

Is this normal?
This means I cant use FS on a small virtual mashine vith 1GB ram together
with other services on the same VM for a small company handling 30
concurrent calls...

This is normal, or a memeory leak, or I make some mistake during testing?