[Freeswitch-dev] question about CNG on late packages

Xijing Dai dxj19831029 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 13:23:28 MSK 2013

Hey all,

Inside code

switch_rtp.c file:

   static int rtp_common_read(switch_rtp_t *rtp_session, switch_payload_t
*payload_type, switch_frame_flag_t *flags, switch_io_flag_t io_flags)
                 if (check || (bytes && !switch_test_flag(rtp_session,
SWITCH_RTP_FLAG_USE_TIMER))) {
if (!bytes && switch_test_flag(rtp_session, SWITCH_RTP_FLAG_USE_TIMER)) { /*
We're late! We're Late! */
if (!switch_test_flag(rtp_session, SWITCH_RTP_FLAG_NOBLOCK) && status ==
SWITCH_STATUS_BREAK) {
switch_cond_next();
continue;
}

return_cng_frame();  <------- this lane to return cng frame if late.
}
}

Could someone explain why we want to return cng frame when package is late?
this is caused for me to hear very bad noise audio.

Can I disable return CNG frame?

Cheers