[Freeswitch-dev] Community Alert: Our Friend Brian West Is In The Hospital

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Jan 30 20:09:41 MSK 2012

Hello FreeSWITCH Community,

We wanted to let everyone know that Brian West is in St. Francis Hospital,
Tulsa, OK. He is checked into room 4325. At this point it looks like he
will be there for at least a week.

I think it's safe to say that Brian is a dynamo not just for FreeSWITCH but
for open source VoIP and telephony. My guess is that there's not a person
who's worked with Asterisk or FreeSWITCH in the past 10 years who hasn't
been aided in one way or another by Brian. Personally I can say that in the
past five years Brian has helped me immeasurably. I think I have literally
asked him thousands of questions and he has patiently answered them all.

We would like to have everyone keep Brian in their thoughts and prayers.
Please feel free to send him cards and well wishes at the hospital. Also,
if you wish to send gifts and such to his home address you may do so:

Brian West
714 Osage Ave
McAlester, OK
74501-6638

For those who are interested in helping in more practical ways, such as
helping to defray the considerable medical costs that no doubt will be
incurred, we will have more information shortly.

Please spread the word via Facebook, Twitter, and any other medium you
have. Let's all let Brian know just how much we value him as a colleague
and friend!

-Michael Collins