[Freeswitch-dev] FreeSWITCH Weekly News and Notes

Michael Collins marketing at cluecon.com
Mon Dec 17 22:11:12 MSK 2012

A happy and cold (in the northern hemisphere) Monday to you all!

I'd like to start this week's news and notes by alerting everyone to the
fact that there's been a significant addition to the functionality of the
XML dialplan. If you've been around FreeSWITCH for any length of time
you've probably read the words, "Nested conditions not allowed!" in yours
or someone else's FreeSWITCH logs. As of last
Friday<http://fisheye.freeswitch.org/changelog/freeswitch.git?cs=9b7b46dbca9c4c458121dc80c3eeedf8e5ec9643>that
has changed! In response to Jira
FS-4935 <http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-4935> Anthony has added
provisional support for nested <condition> tags inside the dialplan.
(Thanks to IRC user vipkilla for adding this to the
wiki<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Dialplan_XML#Nested_Conditions>already.)
As you may know we are working the second edition of the FreeSWITCH
"bridge" book<https://www.packtpub.com/freeswitch-1-0-6-build-robust-high-performance-telephony-systems/book>.
I will be updating chapters 5 and 8 to reflect this new change.

It seems appropriate that with this new feature we should talk about it on this
week's conference call<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_12_19>.
Ken Rice and I will work up some simple examples of how to use the nested
conditions and how they relate to the existing XML dialplan controls such
as the break attribute and the regex tag. If you have a dialplan example
that works well with nested conditions please email Ken and me off list.

One last reminder for our Windows users: Dave Kompel shared with us some useful
information <http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_12_12> for
gathering debug data when FreeSWITCH crashes under Windows. Our other main
Windows guru, Jeff Lenk, was also on the call and gave some helpful input.
If you are running under Windows you now have more tools at your disposal
with which to analyze crash data and open Jira tickets.

Have a great week and we'll talk to you on Wednesday.

--
Michael S Collins
ClueCon Team