[Freeswitch-dev] Stereo support?

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 19:20:46 MSK 2012

We have the plumbing for it but we did not currently attempt to support it
yet.
The codecs and file handles all support a number of channels.  Basically
all the places where we detect sample rate differences and engage
transcoding we would need to mux/demux stereo/mono.

For the conference, my idea was to make it so you can create many channel
conferences and either call in with stereo RTP on opus or some mono codec
into one specific channel like you could call 2 mono speakerphones into 2
separate channels of the conference on the same table or something.

MSN:anthony_minessale at hotmail.com
GTALK/JABBER/PAYPAL:anthony.minessale at gmail.com

sip:888 at conference.freeswitch.org
googletalk:conf+888 at conference.freeswitch.org