[Freeswitch-dev] Stereo support?

Rick van Rein rick at openfortress.nl
Thu Dec 13 13:01:16 MSK 2012

Hey,

> Have anyone try to implement stereo support in freeswitch to streaming the
> music?

It'd also be a great asset to conference calls if we could hear the people
"in the room" each talk from their position.  Add stereo microphones and it
is even possible to "look at people" and direct speech more loudly their
way.

This is more sensational than you can imagine :- I once ate in a restaurant
where the situation of being blind was simulated through absolute darkness.
I was struck by how instinctively the mind registers if someone is looking at
you while speaking, almost as if it has once been useful for our defense or so.

I think this sensation could make an incredible impact on the concept of a
conference call, and make it come *much* closer to a live conversation.

> I tried, but only 1 channel is hardcoded inside freeswitch code everywhere,
> i can't make it work properly, just wonder if any1 tried before?

Can't answer that, just motivate it as a more generally useful idea.

Ciao,
 -Rick