[Freeswitch-dev] libfreeswitch as embedded IVR

Saju Pillai saju.pillai at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 08:24:32 MSD 2012

Hello,

 I have to implement an IVR embedded in an existing app. My
understanding is that I can declare global handlers for channel states
to *intercept* calls and use the switch_ivr_* to do my processing. I
have to either use tts or play recorded prompts to the caller and
receive dtmf input from the caller. There can be multiple to & fro
interactions with the caller in 1 call, this is determined by other
data from the rest of the app.

1) Which channel state(s) should I hook into?
2) Will I have to setup a dialplan to make this work ?
3) Is there a sample/test or psuedo code that I can look at ?

regards
srp