[Freeswitch-dev] newbie build problem: libapr configure hangs on pthreads detection

Christian Wiedmann cw_freeswitch at wiedmann.org
Fri Apr 27 20:55:04 MSD 2012

I'm new to FreeSWITCH and am in the process of trying to build the system
on Ubunto 11.10.  I grabbed the source using git.

The problem I ran into is that configure would hang when detecting "CFLAGS
needed for pthreads" in libs/apr.  When I did a ps after trying a couple of
times, I discovered a bunch of defunct conftest processes.  I added a
pthread_join() to the conftest code used for the detection and the
configure was able to complete.

My question is whether this behavior indicates an incompatibility or
missing library on my system.  Should I be worried about future issues on
this system?

Thanks,

    -Christian