[Freeswitch-dev] trailing white spaces in code cleanup suggestions and jira question

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Mon Apr 9 20:59:21 MSD 2012

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 9:35 AM, Anthony Minessale
<anthony.minessale at gmail.com> wrote:
> Isn't it only a problem if you clean your working code differently
> from the remote?

Yeah, I get this too. Very often I'll have my editor set to do certain
clean up upon opening a file. It's not a big deal if you don't save
it, but if you need to make a local edit, it can add a bit of noise to
the diff.

> You should resist doing any local whitespace changes and we can make a
> tradition to maybe clean up the tree at every major release in a
> single sweep so the history is not tainted by tons of whitespace
> changes.

I think this is a great approach. That same policy could also be part
of ongoing edits from that point. Perhaps it could even be part of the
FreeSWITCH source code style guide (if there is one). We could also
add the settings for emacs, vim and others to the wiki that match the
official recommendations.

Best,
Gabe