[Freeswitch-dev] Requirements to get actual UUIDs?

Michael Giagnocavo mgg at giagnocavo.net
Fri Apr 6 04:22:20 MSD 2012

Hello,

Does anyone know what's required for APR to generate UUIDs? Currently, FreeSWTICH is generating sequential timestamp-like numbers instead of UUIDs. When configuring APR, I get this output:

Checking for OS UUID Support...
checking uuid.h usability... yes
checking uuid.h presence... yes
checking for uuid.h... yes
checking for library containing uuid_create... no
checking for library containing uuid_generate... -luuid
checking for uuid_create... no
checking for uuid_generate... yes
checking for os uuid usability... no

This is on CentOS 6.2. Installed packages: libuuid, libuuid-devel, e2fsprogs, e2fsprogs-devel, and util-linux-ng. What do I need to do to make APR pick up on this and generate proper UUIDs (that is, 128 bits of randomness)?

-Michael