[Freeswitch-dev] SIP Presence Activities

Anthony Novatsis anthonynovatsis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 08:45:41 MSD 2012

Dear All,

I am having some unexpected behaviour with SIP presence and would like some
clarification.

I have a FS server setup to manage sip presence (manage-presence=true in
the SIP profile) and have two clients connected. The clients online/offline
status is reported correctly however when a client publishes an activity of
"away" the other client only receives status "open" without the associated
activity.  Here is the XML that I have observed on the wire (IP addresses
replaced):

PUBLISH (sent by client)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<presence xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf"
          xmlns:es="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:status:rpid-status"
          entity="sip:3011 at a.b.c.d">
  <tuple id="sg89ae">
    <status>
      <basic>open</basic>
      <es:activities>
        <es:activity>away</es:activity>
      </es:activities>
    </status>
    <contact priority="0.8">sip:3011 at a.b.c.d</contact>
    <note>away</note>
  </tuple>
</presence>

NOTIFY (sent by FS)

<presence xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf'
          xmlns:dm='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:data-model'
          xmlns:rpid='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:rpid'
          xmlns:c='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:cipid'
entity='sip:3011 at a.b.c.d'>
  <tuple id='t6a5ed77e'>
    <status>
      <basic>open</basic>
    </status>
  </tuple>
  <dm:person id='p06360c4a'>
    <dm:note>Available</dm:note>
 </dm:person>
</presence>

I observe the same behaviour when a client sends other activities such as
dnd, busy, etc.

I thought that FS would just forward the published status/activity to the
subscribers.  Is there a way to configure FS to behave in this way?

Thank you very much in advance.

Anthony