[Freeswitch-dev] mod_fifo.c question re: fifo count values

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Sep 29 04:58:22 MSD 2011

I was curious about this code snippet which appears in mod_fifo.c near line
3775 and again near line 3786:

len = node_caller_count(node);
switch_mutex_lock(node->update_mutex);
stream->write_function(stream, "%s:%d:%d:%d\n", argv[1],
node->consumer_count, node_caller_count(node), len);
switch_mutex_unlock(node->update_mutex);

I was curious: what's the difference in the stream->write between
node_caller_count(node) and len? Under what circumstances would they be
different? (I'm assuming the locking of the mutex after setting the value of
len may have something to do with it...)

Thanks,
MC