[Freeswitch-dev] mod_say_zh the Chinese way discussion

Seven Du dujinfang at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 13:45:31 MSD 2011

Hi all,

First sorry I send both to users and devs as I want to talk in both groups.

I wonder how many of you actually use mod_say_zh

I had submitted a patch but not been accepted because it was argued that it might breaks zh in other locations than China mainland.

http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-2809

How ever, I doubt is it useful actually. Besides the above example, think of the following

when say time, EN is Sept 1, 2011 and mod_say_zh says

9 yue di 15, 11

Actually in China we say

2011 nian(year) 9 yue (month) 15 ri(day)

Again, I'd like to know if anyone is actually using the current way.

So I need a PRC way, questions are:

1) Is it safe to change the default behavior?

2) If not how could I change? add a channel variable? or

3) create another dialect mod_say_zh_cn ?

Thanks.

--
About: http://about.me/dujinfang
Blog: http://www.dujinfang.com