[Freeswitch-dev] get variable value

João Mesquita jmesquita at freeswitch.org
Thu Oct 20 16:38:35 MSD 2011

The snippet you've sent is a whole different thing than C. You kinda have to
know these things to code on either language...

Using Ruby, the following statement DOES return an event:

@con.api("uuid_getvar", "#{@uuid} myvar")

And with that event, you implicitly call "getBody".

When you are using C, you can't use these things like that. You have to
explicitly make function calls to the correct event. Look at the ESL
examples testserver.c and testclient.c on the source and maybe you'll
understand.

When calling api on C, you need to use the handle->last_sr_reply (if I
remember correctly).

I hope that helps, otherwise, a working code would.

Regards,
João Mesquita