[Freeswitch-dev] FreeSWITCH dialstring/channel variables

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Thu Oct 20 10:34:38 MSD 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 8:37 AM, lg <lg at perfectitchina.com> wrote:
> One quick question here. Is it any dialstring to control dial function? Like
> as,i would change the dial legs sequence as dial caller number first
> and then when caller pickup the call, dial the called destination number (
> as the same as "originate dial_string destination_number" function). Your
> hint or short response would be much appreciated.

I'm not sure I understand the question, but I *think* you're looking
for a bridge.

DIALPLAN:
This is how you would do it from the dialplan:

<action application="bridge"
data="sofia/internal/9998881111 at sip.yourprovider.com"/>

More on the Wiki:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_bridge#From_the_Dialplan

COMMANDS:
Or, if you want to use commands, try something like this:

originate sofia/example/300 at foo.com &bridge(sofia/example/400 at bar.com)

More on the Wiki:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_commands#originate

Good luck!